Saturday, 16 July 2016
Topic:Looking Unto God
SCRIPTURE: They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. – Psalm 34:5
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: When you wait on God, He uncovers mysteries surrounding your life.
From our anchor scripture, we see that it is never a waste of time to look up to God, especially when it is accompanied with fasting and praying. When you look up to God, He removes every shame and reproach from your life.
What, then, are the benefits of looking up to God?
1. To look up to God is to be lightened. Waiting on God is the period of connecting with fresh revelation, illumination and direction. When you wait on God, He uncovers mysteries surrounding your life.
2. You are delivered from gloominess having unburdened every weight plaguing your life.
3. You are delivered from the embarrassments of life.
Beloved, to look up to God means to look away from every other alternative including yourself. This is when you come to the point where no man can beat his chest and say he is behind your success; a point where you know, God knows and even the devil knows that you cannot exist without God.
I prophesy to you, every load and burden that the enemy has placed on your life is handled by the Power of God today in Jesus’ Name.
Remember this: When you wait on God, He uncovers mysteries surrounding your life.
1. Endeavour to take at least a day every week to wait on the Lord in fasting and prayer.
2. Look up to God as your Source and consider man as a channel.
PRAYER: Father, I look up to You today. I step out of every shame and embarrassment that has surrounded my life in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: LOOKING UP TO GOD.
QUOTE: When you are His friend, He fights your fights. Culled from 365 WISDOM CAPSULES by Dr Paul Enenche
AMAZING FACT: Cold weather improves human memory and concentration
TODAY IN HISTORY – 16/07/1661: The first banknotes in Europe were issued by the Swedish bank Stockholms Banco.
DAILY READING: 1 Chronicles 22:1 to 23:32, Romans 3:9 to 31, Psalm 12:1 to 8, Proverbs 19:13 to 14.