The Turkish government have announced the shut down of dozens of media organisations, as a crackdown continues following the failed coup on 15 July.
The Turkish authority says US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen was behind the army-led attempted coup – a claim he denies. At least 246 people died during the coup.
More than 2,000 people were injured.
The closure of the media outlets and the dismissal of the members of the armed forces were announced in Turkey’s official Resmi Gazete.
Among those discharged are 87 army generals, 30 air force generals and 32 admirals.
Earlier on Wednesday, the authorities ordered the detention of another 47 journalists – just several days after similar warrants were issued for 42 reporters.
Those on the new list were mostly members of the now defunct Zaman newspaper, Turkish officials were quoted as saying by local media
The Turkish army also revealed that 8,651 members, or 1.5%, of the nation’s armed forces took part in the failed coup.
It said the plotters had 35 planes, 37 helicopters, 74 tanks and three ships.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has vowed to purge state bodies of the “virus” he says caused the revolt.
He launched a widespread crackdown, arresting thousands of service personnel and sacking or suspending thousands of judges, government officials, school teachers and university heads.
Human rights group Amnesty International says it has received credible evidence of detainees being subjected to beatings and torture, including rape, since the coup attempt.
Last week, Turkey declared a three-month state of emergency, allowing the president and the government to bypass parliament when drafting new laws and to restrict or suspend rights and freedoms.